18 July, 2009

Brooklyn War Memorial

Now that I've finished my thesis I see the world with different eyes. For example, I was sitting in the car park behind a doctor's practice in Brooklyn, (I was waiting for someone who was inside alright!), and I looked up and saw a statue standing above the trees on Brooklyn hill.





It was the Brooklyn War Memorial.



To get to it, follow the signs for the wind turbine from Brooklyn village, about half way up the hill the signs for the war memorial start.

From the statue there's a great view of the Wellington and the harbour.





And of my apartment building.




09-07 Brooklyn War Memorial

3 comments:

  1. Feels good to be finished, eh? For me, my submission was directly followed by the North-West circuit of Stewart Island... Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty pleased to have that out of the way --- it took long enough!

    I should have planned something like a trip to Stewart Island too. Instead, I start my new position at then end of the month and am spending this week doing some chores for my mother --- not nearly as fun as the NW circuit.

    Nicola wants to go back to Stewart Island and walk from Pelorus Sound to... somewhere. Next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I mean Port Pegasus in Stewart Island. Pelorus sound is in the Marlborough sounds.

    ReplyDelete